Burgas is the biggest city in Southeastern Bulgaria, and is 2nd biggest on the Sea coast. The population of the city is about 200,000 people, but in the summer they become more. Burgas is an important center of the Southeastern Bulgaria, and is economic center of the area. The port of Burgas is also very important for the economic development of the city. Burgas is very preferred, because the region offers a good opportunities for all types of tourist visits. The airport makes the access to all attractions and resorts easy and fast. The area is very beautiful because there are sea, hills, forests and beautiful bay. The climate is sub tropical with continental influence. The region is rich of lakes and rivers and has ancient historical past. Burgas and the area offer a wonderful conditions for a tourism and relaxing sea holidays.
The most popular resorts near Burgas
- Sunny Beach – it is heaven for those, who love to party all night. It is also known as the biggest sea resort in Bulgaria. In addition offers an excellent opportunities for a complete holiday on the sea, and at the same time a lot of clubs, restaurants pubs and discos.
- Nessebar – is known as Old town “Mesembria”, and is historical and cultural reserve. It is also one of the oldest towns in Europe. It was established about 3200 years ago. The old part offers interesting monuments, ancient buildings and artifacts.
- Pomorie is beautiful small town on the coast. It used to be old Thracian settlement, which was colonized by the Greeks. The interesting there is the peninsula, which has been formed in the sea.
- Sozopol is small sea town which is divided to old and new parts. In the old part could be seen ancient Thracian fortresses and tombs, ancient necropolis and archaeological reserve Sozopol.
- Ravda is developing tourism very successful for last years. It offers a quite vacation on the sea. It has become popular as international center of tourism among the students and children. It offers school and college campus.
Burgas offers wonderful tourist opportunities. The city hosts a lot of Bulgarian and international festivals every year. The international airport is surrounded by beautiful park. The area is very picturesque and offers breath taking landscape and sea view.
There are luxury resorts and hotels which will fully cover your requirements. You could plan your trip and book a car, and it would be easy and fast to get it when you arrive to the airport. Burgas offers easy access to the lot of resorts and every point of the country with a car rental.